Thursday, February 9, 2012

Assignment Three

Years ago, women's lives were much different than they are today. The expectations have drastically changed. In the past the general idea of women was that they were used for cooking and cleaning. They weren't seen as independent and we're as respected. They were looked upon as helpless. Today, however, women are in the work force, have equal rights, and are independent. Still, though, many males today haven't changed their mindset about women. They still continue to see themselves as better and stronger. It isn't always fair because even the people who's mindsets haven't changed, expect the same amount of work from women that they give, which is a disadvantage. An advantage of being a woman would be chivalry. Men who are "old fashion" treat women with a higher respect than they would a man. Some stereotypes of women are that they aren't as hardworking, can't handle the same situations as males, and can't get things done on their own.


If I saw a wizard that offered to change the way I look, I wouldn't give him the money. I think my appearance is perfect just the way it is and I wouldn't want anything to appear differently. I think that my wife and children are completely happy with the way I look and the way I act, so why would I change a thing about me? Also, looking better, if possible, wouldn't change how much I care for my children. ---Carlos.

No comments:

Post a Comment